Women's Golf Slated for East Regional for 2012 NCAA Championships
The Kent State women's golf team will be one of 24 teams vying for a top-eight finish at Penn State's Blue Course in University Park, Pa.
The Kent State women's golf team, fresh of their 14th consecutive Mid-American Conference championship, will head to the East Regional for the 2012 NCAA Women's Golf Championship, the NCAA announced Monday (April 30).
The Golden Flashes will be one of 24 teams vying for a top-eight finish at Penn State's Blue Course in University Park, Pa., May 10-12. The top eight teams from three regionals will advance to the NCAA Championship at Vanderbilt Legends Club in Franklin, Tenn.
This will be the 12th consecutive year Kent State will participate in the NCAA Regional round, as the team will aim to advance to the NCAA Championship for the fifth time in program history.
Click here for complete coverage of the selection show on ncaa.com.
East Regional Teams
2. Arizona State
3. Duke (Atlantic Coast Conference)
4. Texas A&M
7. Oklahoma State
8. South Carolina
9. Michigan State (Big Ten Conference)
14. Wake Forest
16. San Diego State
17. Kent State (Mid-American Conference)
19. Augusta State
20. Campbell (Big South Conference)
21. Chattanooga (Southern Conference)
22. Oral Roberts (The Summit League)
23. Jacksonville St. (Ohio Valley Conference)
24. LIU Brooklyn (Northeast Conference)